I’m completely in love with Disney, Doctor Who, Old Hollywood movies, traveling, and Harry Potter. So, there’s that plus snippets of my everyday life, my love for The Monkees, Gene Kelly, and a general nostalgic feeling about missing days gone by and wanting to be back in France. I'm a writer and a painter, so random poorly thoughtout creations might find there way here. Allons-y!
The details of Walt’s apartment:
The apartment is only about 500 square feet, and consists of a living room with two pull out sofa beds (one was Walt’s and one was Lillian’s). There is a small kitchenette with a mini bar type fridge, and cupboards/counters containing the following kitchen supplies:
- Original glassware,
- PINK frying pans,
- a clear glass water pitcher,
- white coffee mugs, and
- two glass baby bottles that were used for the grandchildren.
- Walt’s original sandwich maker (looked like a panini maker), cloth cord and all. Apparently he made himself his favorite sandwich with it quite often: a simple grilled cheese.
- A “Tom and Jerry” drink serving set. Not the cat and mouse you’re thinking of, but aholiday drink invented in the 1850′s consisting of egg, rum, milk, brandy & other spices.
- An old metal orange juicer, because Walt loved fresh squeezed orange juice.
Even though cast members kept him stocked with fresh oranges, he still preferred to go down to the Sunkist Citrus House to use the fancy automatic squeezer they had. This was also an excuse for him to go and mingle with guests!
and all this can still be found there today!
235 notes (via insidethemindofamormon & disneylandguru)